Woo hoo! A new, re-imagined Wine on the Hill begins! We’ve made some new and exciting changes this year, so be sure to read through the details here:
HOURS/MUSIC: You can enjoy your favorite August Hill & ISC wines on the hillside from noon-5 pm; live music by Steve Sharp, 1-4pm
YOU DON’T NEED A RESERVATION: Stop by during our open hours and hang out on our beautiful hillside. From the hill, you will be able to take in the spring beauty of the Illinois Valley, and you can also catch a glimpse of the progress of our grapevines. Bud break occurred this past week!
PLEASE DO NOT PRE-ORDER WINE: We now have a big cooler to keep plenty of August Hill & ISC wine chilled. Simply choose the wine(s) you would like to enjoy when you arrive. Outside alcohol is not permitted.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Where are you located? Please use this Google Maps Pinpoint to find us as the address, 21N 2551 Rd, Peru, IL, does not work correctly in most map apps. The winery building is white with a maroon roof; there are a couple of semi trailers parked near it. Look for the August Hill Winery sign on the hillside and flag banners at the entrance.
- Can I attend early/stay late? Guests can begin to arrive 30 minutes prior to opening to park and secure a spot on the hill; however, staff will not be available to make wine purchases until opening times. Last call is 15 minutes prior to closing. We ask that all guests leave by closing time.
- Can I pick up my Wine Club order? Wine Club orders can only be picked up at our Tasting Room location in Utica, IL.
- Do you have restrooms? We have 2 restrooms inside the winery & 1 outdoor restroom on the hill.
- What if the weather is bad? Live music may be cancelled due to weather. The hill will still be open for guests, but we do not provide shelter. If the weather presents a danger, we may ask guests to leave the hill area.
- Are you handicap accessible? We offer handicap parking and our restrooms in the winery are accessible. The landscape on the hill can be uneven and in some parts difficult to maneuver.
- Do you have any COVID restrictions? We are following the current IL guidelines. There is plenty of room to spread out on the hillside so please place your seating a minimum of 6 feet away from other parties and the walkways. Please restrict your group to 10 people or less. We ask all guests to wear a mask when entering the winery to use the restrooms.
What items are permitted? Pop up canopies, small tables, lawn chairs, picnic blankets, food, non-alcoholic beverages, umbrellas, coolers, picnic baskets.
- What items are prohibited? Firearms, outside alcohol, marijuana, grills, bonfires, fireworks.
- Are pets allowed? Yes. Pets are allowed on the hillside, on a leash, but not inside the building. There will be a dog walk area supplied with trash bags for dog waste. If your pet is causing distress or inconvenience for our other guests, you may be asked to leave.
- Are children allowed? Children are allowed on the hill, in the Winery (bathrooms, purchase area), but not in the tasting cave. No one under 21 is permitted to consume alcohol. Children under 12 need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Do you allow outside alcohol? NO, we do not allow outside alcohol. Guests who consume outside alcohol may be asked to leave.
- Do you sell food or other beverages besides wine? The only food option we offer is a cheese and cracker picnic box. We have water and non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice as alternatives to wine. You are welcome to bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks, but outside alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- Do you sell ice? We do have ice available for sale, but you are welcome to bring your own too.
- Anything else? Don’t forget your sunscreen and bug spray.
- Can we pre-order our August Hill & ISC wine to pick up at the event? Please do not pre-order your wine this year. We will have plenty of wine chilled for you to purchase on-site.